The criminal lawyer is a lawyer who specializes in Criminal Law, this matter being one of the branches of law that focuses on the different crimes that exist with their corresponding penalties. Also, it is responsible for providing legitimate services, with the main function representing a person who has been charged with one or more crimes. The person charged with one or more charges will require a lawyer to carry out his defense. Therefore, he must protect the rights of the accused and represent him before criminal proceedings.
Currently, specialization in a specific discipline of criminal law is essential when guaranteeing efficient service. It must be borne in mind that the various legal specialties date every day from great demands as far as study is concerned and, apart, from the domain due to the complex progress of regulations and jurisprudence that arises daily.
Crimes a criminal lawyer treats:
Below are different cases that Toronto criminal lawyers must deal with, considering that they may be specialized in any of them:
- Crimes against the person and life: Like, for example, murder, homicide, and abortion.
- Crimes against patrimony: Either theft, theft, extortion, use of third-party motorcycle vehicles without permission from the owner, usurpation, scam, misappropriation, and fraud of electric fluid.
- Crimes against officials: Among these crimes we can highlight embezzlement, bribery or influence peddling.
- Crimes against public safety: For example, the provocation of fires.
- Crimes against freedom: Coercions and threats stand out. Also crimes against sexual freedom such as harassment, aggression or sexual abuse.
- Crimes against public health: Drug dealing.
- Crimes against honor and privacy: Slander, injury or break-in.
- Traffic offenses: Excess speed or omission of relief.
- Crimes consummated in society or industry: For example, unfair competition, scams or violation of the rights of operators.
Once the person is charged in any of the charges mentioned above, the next step is the prosecution process. In this part, it is the lawyer who must represent his client in the criminal lawsuit, in charge of defending him from the incriminations and crimes that have been blamed on the client. As a consequence, there may be a phase in which judgment is ruled, this being a part of the procedure in which the accused is sentenced to their corresponding punishment.
Toronto criminal lawyers are responsible for protecting the rights while the lawsuit of the person who has been accused of certain crimes is carried out so that he is not accused if he has not executed them and is not deprived of constitutional privileges. Also, this deals with the representation of those processed. That is, defends the person in the lawsuit or manages to obtain an agreement with the judge if the person defended accepts that he is guilty. The objective is to obtain a more condescending sentence and the best agreement for the client.
Therefore, the Toronto criminal lawyers will be in charge of assisting from the optimization of a perspective in the preliminary advice if you want to present a requirement or complaint, to the most effective approach once the person is involved in a case, criminal process or at any time before the procedure. For example, before a summons or an instruction by the police or crowded bodies.